Welcome to Moosters Meadows - home of Irish Dexter Cattle! We strive to breed a truly dual purpose Dexter, providing both excellent beef and milk. All of our Dexters are purebred and registered with the American Dexter Cattle Association (ADCA). We'll be blogging about what goes on here on our little ranch in Wyoming and life with Dexters. Feel free to visit our website as well.







Sunday, September 22, 2013

Yes, I did shed a tear this time

It's a fact of life that steers are destined for the table - might be ours - might be someone else's.  I know this.  Really.

Unfortunately, I fell in love and that changed everything.  Raisin is a steer.  Raisin became my pet after he was born last year.  He grew and grew, but his sweet nature just got bigger too.  He literally followed me like a large overgrown dog.  How in the heck could I eat my pet? 

Well, I couldn't.  So we sold him to someone who will enjoy his sweetness as he teaches a lot of little steers how to behave.  Then he'll "do his job" as Chris calls it and grace someone else's table.


Bye, little Buddy.  I loved you best.

No comments:

Post a Comment